No announcement yet.

RPC over Exchange Help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over Exchange Help

OK I have configured the following one mailbox server one CAS+HUB server I still have a 2003 exchange server in the domain.

I have removed IP 6 from both systems, created an RPC Application pool in IIS installed re-installed RPC over HTTP numerous times.

Still I am unable to connect I constantly get The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.

Its been a week now of testing ripping hair out and checking

Does anybody have any ideas

Re: RPC over Exchange Help

Try for detailed feedback to give more idea of where things are going wrong.

More info about which server you are connecting to / which holds the mailbox

Anything in event logs or w3c logs?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: RPC over Exchange Help

Removing IPv6 from an Exchange server is not recommended, and is probably the cause of your problems. You may well have caused too much damage to the network stack if you have completely removed it. If you have simply disabled it, re-enable it and reboot the machine.

You also shouldn't be creating your own Application Pools, the server and IIS should be managing that.

The RPC runtime error usually means that something is blocking the port, but IPv6 removal can also cause this.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.