Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 2010 restore single items from symantec BE 2010 r2

hello i very new here its my 1st post .
    i have exchange 2010 installed on server 2008 64 bit r2 all roles on the same server .
    i look for hours in forums and all around the web i look for answer if i can restore 1 mail , contact , meeting , i know all the option to recovery from the deleted item and hard delete but if i want to restore all the calendar or all the contacts list what is the best and esay way to do it ?

i have back up server with symantec BE 2010 r2 server 2008 64 bit r2 and i read alot of the GRT but i cant make it work .. i was able to restore all DB to RDB and then export it to new directory (recovery) in the user mailbox and then i can restore what i want but its take too long .. i just want to know what the fast way to recovery single items.

thank by advance 4 the helpers.

Re: exchange 2010 restore single items from symantec BE 2010 r2

You use the GRT option. I use the exact same method to restore individual content from mailbox's using Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2. You do not need to use a recovery database when using Backup Exec as the backup software is Exchange aware. In the properties of the backup job for exchange simply select the GRT option and configure the job as normal.

Comment

@scurlaruntings: I am new to Symantec Backup as well and hopefully you can answer this.

Ihave also installed Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 with exchange agent and i was able to do a full backup successfully. My question is, when i do a recovery, i can navigate to each mailbox, but there are a lot of things in here which i dont understand what they are, for example:

AllItems,
      common Views,
      Deffered Actions,
      Recoverlabe Items,
      Sharing,
      Reminders
      and so on.....

But i do not see inbox or contacts or anything like that. Where would i be able to restore those items?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by howithink View Post
        @scurlaruntings: I am new to Symantec Backup as well and hopefully you can answer this.

Ihave also installed Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 with exchange agent and i was able to do a full backup successfully. My question is, when i do a recovery, i can navigate to each mailbox, but there are a lot of things in here which i dont understand what they are, for example:

AllItems,
        common Views,
        Deffered Actions,
        Recoverlabe Items,
        Sharing,
        Reminders
        and so on.....

But i do not see inbox or contacts or anything like that. Where would i be able to restore those items?

thanks
        Click on "Top of the Information Store" for the desired mailbox when you go to do the recovery and you should see the usual subset of folders in the users inbox. Calender Inbox Sent items etc.

Comment

Sweet, thank you so much. Yes they are available. OK quickly, i can do a restore from here and it will place everything back into my DB? Will it cause the DB to go offline? or cause others uers any issues?

thank you

Comment

Because you are using GRT it will restore the item back to the users mailbox. The DB does not need to go offline for that process. As iv already said Backup Exec is Exchange aware.

Comment

thank you for your assistance, its working great!

Comment

Working...
              X