Email Address Policy Exchange 2010 SamAccountName

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Address Policy Exchange 2010 SamAccountName

hi !I need to create an email address policy that takes the SamAccountName from AD and add it the domain suffix : @test.com [email protected]
    by deafult there is no build in option to do it as i saw.does someone know how can i do it?

Thanks,Aviv
    Last edited by aviv18; 31st March 2011, 19:04.

Re: Email Address Policy Exchange 2010 SamAccountName

open exchange management console
    go to organisation config > hub transport
    open the email address policies tab
    new policy.
    All receipients (or whatever other filter you want)

the next screen i get is "email address addresses" - then I click Add. you can choose what to add here.

There's an old microsoft KB article around that explains what variables you can use for setting Recipient Polciy. It's for 2003, but you'd probabl;y find you can use the same via Exchange Management shell.

However, the polciy on this particular server is just "@domain.com"
    And it's using the user's username as the email address, so [email protected]
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks TehCamel ,i know that how to create simple Email Address Policy rule ,but for SamAccountName i didn't find a way to do it by policy .i saw some blogs that talking about adding email address by exchange power shell,but not as email policy rule.i don't want to run a ps script after creating every new mailbox...do u know how can i do it?Aviv

Comment

one google search, first result, how to create a New-EmailAddressPolicy website.

why would you have to run a powershell script after creating a mailbox, why wouldn't you just use the powershell script to create the mailbox ?

you do realise, that the management console is just a frontend, and all it does it build a powershell script for every action you perform, right ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

i know TehCamel but the helpdesk team creating mailbox to the users and i'm mange the exchage server.
          they don't like power shell,and once the email address policy is configure they wont need to add it manually or by PS.

Comment

Wow. You didn't read my post at all, did you.
            Or at least, you didn't understand what i'm saying.

Doesn't really sound to me like you're "managing" an exchange server.

Comment

So TehCamel it's OK...instead all of this u could say that u don't know how to do it,i thougt u're an Expert!!!

Thanks Anyway....

Comment

ahh but you see, I do know how do to it. However, you chose to either misinterpret, or not understand my suggestions.

You also then chose not to utilise the feedback I provided on how to find information on this yourself.

Comment

Working...
                X