No announcement yet.

Exchange 2010 SP1 Update rollup 3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 SP1 Update rollup 3

I am building a new exch 2010 server to migrate from 2003... got the install done.. applied SP1 and all the windows updates etc.

When going to download the latest rollup to fix a bug that is popping up I noticed this line
    Any Interim Updates for Exchange Server 2010 must be uninstalled prior to installing this update rollup
    In the system requirements section...

I know what they are saying.. but what does this mean? Hotfixes? The only ones I applied were the pre-req's for SP1 installation.

Do I need to uninstall the rollups that have been showing in windows update? or any other ones that show up in windows update?

Kind of a n00b question but figure I should ask since the patch was released on 3/8/11.

Re: Exchange 2010 SP1 Update rollup 3

Rollup 3 for Exchange 2010 has been withdrawn at the time of writing. Therefore I wouldn't install it.

The interim updates being referred to are hotfixes supplied to by Microsoft support. Microsoft only release rollups for Exchange 2007/2010 to the public, but sometimes updates are created to resolve a specific issue which have to be removed before installing the rollup.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Exchange 2010 SP1 Update rollup 3

ok makes sense, I have only installed windows update - updates along with SP1 and the pre-reqs so I will delete rollup 3 and wait for it to appear in windows update.

thank you!