Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot "Send As" after making the necessary changes into the mailbox permission ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot "Send As" after making the necessary changes into the mailbox permission ?

Hi,

I wonder why I am still unable to "send as" from my Outlook using this particular mailbox ? eventhough:

1. I was able to open up the Mailbox successfully as additional mailbox in my Outlook
    2. Grant my self "FULL ACCESS" and the "Send on Behalf"

do I have to make this mailbox as "Shared mailbox" instead of normal user mailbox ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Cannot "Send As" after making the necessary changes into the mailbox permission ?

What Exchange version? What Outlook version? Any other information you feel may be helpful? We don't have much on which to base an analysis.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Cannot "Send As" after making the necessary changes into the mailbox permission ?

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      What Exchange version? What Outlook version? Any other information you feel may be helpful? We don't have much on which to base an analysis.
      Hi,

I'm using the following:

Exchange Server 2007 SP1
      Outlook 2007 SP2
      Domain functionality level: Windows Server 2003
      Forest functionality level: Windows 2000

and I still don't understand why after recreating the user mailbox and making the configuration the same I still cannot "send on the behalf of" this new user mailbox ?

the previous mailbox is a shared mailbox which was created long time ago since Exchange 2003 and now I have deleted that after exporting all of the mail content.

Comment

Is your user account an administrator, or a member of Print Operators, Backup Operators, Power Users etc? Almost all Windows groups with any kind of elevated permissions are automatically denied Send As permissions.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
          Is your user account an administrator, or a member of Print Operators, Backup Operators, Power Users etc? Almost all Windows groups with any kind of elevated permissions are automatically denied Send As permissions.
          yes i am, I'm the domain admin of this AD site.
          I'm trying to go down the path of "Send in the behalf of" which is Exchange related permission not just the "Send As" which is AD.

however after making the changes yesterday it is still failed as at today ?

Comment

As an aside, keep in mind that it's against best practices for your user account to have administrative permissions, it's recommended that you run as a standard user and use runas to elevate specific processes.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
              As an aside, keep in mind that it's against best practices for your user account to have administrative permissions, it's recommended that you run as a standard user and use runas to elevate specific processes.
              Ah, ok, so in this case the "Send As" permission is enough for sending the email for the users.

but how about if they also need to check / open the mailbox from their Outlook ?
              Do I need "Full Access" permission ?

Comment

Working...
              X