Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create Shared mailbox in exchange server 2007 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create Shared mailbox in exchange server 2007 ?

Hi Everyone,

I'm confused here, in my current situation, I have created single mailbox from Exc Mgmt. console and grant full access permission as well as send as permission but how come the mailbox object is still as the "User mailbox" where the old object which was exist before I join the company is displayed as "Shared Mailbox" ?

any explanation what's the different any how can I create shared mailbox or no need to worry about it in Exchange Server 2007 SP1 ?

Thanks.

Re: How to create Shared mailbox in exchange server 2007 ?

IIRC there is no such thing as a "shared mailbox" in 2007 -- user, room and resource ones only.

The name might be a legacy thing.

Does it work as expected? If so, dont worry!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How to create Shared mailbox in exchange server 2007 ?

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      IIRC there is no such thing as a "shared mailbox" in 2007 -- user, room and resource ones only.

The name might be a legacy thing.

Does it work as expected? If so, dont worry!
      yes so far so good I can send and receive email as the granted full access user.
      but of course i was so worried since I wasn't the one who created this mailbox since Exchange 2003.

The situation is like this: I'm having problem with this Shared mailbox which makes the transaction log growth uncontrollably, therefore i had to export the items (from my Outlook) and then create new user mailbox and then importing it again using my Outlook, so far I configured the Send as and the full access permission as well as the alias to match the previous shared mailbox and I wonder what is the difference between Shared mailbox (old) and the new user mailbox (user of course), I haven't disabled the user account from ADUC.

Comment

Working...
      X