Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simplifying User authentication using User certificate from internal AD CA ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplifying User authentication using User certificate from internal AD CA ?

Hi All,

Is it possible using TMG 2010 Std. to automate the user authentication process of my Outlook Anywhere on Exchange Server 2007 ?

so rather than the user typed the DOMAIN\username everytime to the Outlook client prompt, the use can just generate the User type certificate from the Internal AD CA and then import the certificate to the local PC and selecting from the dropdown their own name ?

I wonder if this is possible with TMG 2010 and Outlook Anywhere 2007 on Exchange Server 2007 SP1. Thanks

Re: Simplifying User authentication using User certificate from internal AD CA ?

Fraid not, I think. Outlook Anywhere only allows either Basic or NTLM Authentication from the Outlook client. The certificate is required for the SSL trust over the internet, but the user must still authenticate to TMG using either NTLM or Basic Authentication as that is all the Oulook currently supports.

However, as you have TMG, I'd look at Direct Access, assuming your client PCs are Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate and your servers are Server 2008 R2.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: Simplifying User authentication using User certificate from internal AD CA ?

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
      Fraid not, I think. Outlook Anywhere only allows either Basic or NTLM Authentication from the Outlook client. The certificate is required for the SSL trust over the internet, but the user must still authenticate to TMG using either NTLM or Basic Authentication as that is all the Oulook currently supports.

However, as you have TMG, I'd look at Direct Access, assuming your client PCs are Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate and your servers are Server 2008 R2.
      oh, so it is not possible at the moment ?
      I thought that it is my configuration that is wrong or something (>_<)" I was almost crazy and shoot my TMG server.

many thanks for the recommendation and explanation mate.

Comment

Working...
      X