Export accepted domains in PowerShell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export accepted domains in PowerShell

I'm trying to export just the DomainName of get-accepteddomain in Exchange 2010 Sp1.

I've tried
    Code:
    Get-AcceptedDomain | Export-CSV -NoTypeInformation -Path "C:\accepted.txt" -Delimiter " "
    but it gives more information than needed. I've tried
    Code:
    Get-AcceptedDomain | FL DomainName | Export-CSV -NoTypeInformation -Path "C:\accepted.txt" -Delimiter " "
    but it just gives me a bunch of weird type IDs that I can't do anything with.

I'm somewhat of a PowerShell rookie, so I'm going blindly into this. Ideally, the file, when all is said and done, will read like so:
    domain1.com domain2.com domain3.com etc.com

Basically, what I'm entirely trying to accomplish, is a scheduled task that will run a PowerShell script to export the domains into a text file in the above mentioned format, that is in a share. A CentOS postfix server will copy the file from that share and put it in /etc/postfix/relay_domains so that postfix will accept the domains in the list. I have everything working except the PowerShell script. Which makes everything else useless.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by alexmetal; 20th February 2011, 08:35.

Re: Export accepted domains in PowerShell

Its clearly the FL that is doing the damage -- removing it gives the correct information.
    FT has the same issue (lived in hope here...)

However, the redirect command (remember that?) gave better results:
    get-accepteddomain|fl domainname > C:\list.txt
    You will still need to format that output to strip off "DomainName :" -- FT may be better
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I was pulling my hair out on this one! Thank you so much! I didn't even think to use the redirect command. Haha. FT did produce better results, by the way. Thank you for that too.

Now I just need to figure out a way to strip or comment out "DomainName" and "--------"..

Would it be best to put the output in a variable first, then use $var.Replace("DomainName","")?

Comment

This is almost there -- strips out the lines at the start:
        get-accepteddomain|ft domainname >c:\list.txt

$f = ${c:\list.txt}
        $f[0]=$null
        $f[1]=$null
        $f[2]=$null

${c:\list.txt} = $f
        Just trying to replace the newline with a space
        Last edited by Ossian; 20th February 2011, 08:59.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I just tried this:
          Code:
          Get-Content C:\list.txt | ForEach-Object {$_ -replace "DomainName", "----------"} | Set-Content C:\list.txt
          But it's erroring saying that it can't do the Set-Content because the file in use by another process, I would assume the Get-Content.

EDIT: I'll take replacing the first three lines, that's essentially what I was trying to accomplish with the above. Thank you again! Now all I need to do is see if postfix cares about blank spaces at the top of the list.

Comment

Try mine above (save it as a PS1 script)
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

I just did, it worked perfectly! Thank you so very much! I've been stressing about this all day, because it seemed like it should be so simple to do.. Turns out I was making it even more complicated than it needed to be. You're a life saver!

Comment

Did you manage to strip out the newline and make it one line of text -- I havent so far
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

I haven't yet, no. Or at least not without it reading "domain.comdomain2.comdomain2.com"
                  But I think PostFix will run postmap just fine if each domain is on a new line, so it might not be a big deal. I'm trying that right now.

Comment

Postfix doesn't seem to mind, everything looks good.
                    Thank you again for all of your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                      Did you manage to strip out the newline and make it one line of text
                      Use a stringbuilder to catenate rows. Like so,

Code:
                      # Create a new StringBuilder
                      $sb = new-object text.stringbuilder

# Get data from domain list file that has all the domains on separate rows like
                      # contoso.com
                      # adventureworks.com
                      # tailspintoys.com
                      # 
                      # Iterate contents with foreach loop and append formatted into sb
                      cat .\Domains.txt | % { [void] $sb.append("{0} " -f $_)}

# Print data:
                      # contoso.com adventureworks.com tailspintoys.com
                      $sb.ToString()
                      So what's the deal with
                      Code:
                      [void] $sb.append("{0} " -f $_)
                      ? [void] makes the Append() method quiet, otherwise it would print status messages. Append itself appends (duh) data into existing buffer. "{0} " -f $_ is a format string. The current object on pipeline gets a space padding on its end.

-vP

Comment

Excellent! Thank you for that! This will make things a lot cleaner in Postfix. I've noticed it takes a bit longer for it to postmap a relay_domains list that has each domain on a new line.

Comment

Working...
                        X