Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
    DNS - 192.168.0.1
    Default Gateway - NONE

Server3 Edge Server

IP address: 10.10.1.1
    Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
    Default Gateway: None
    DNS: NONE

1. I do not have any network connection between Server 2 and Server 3 except they both are on the same virtual environment.
    2. As edge Server should be place on DMZ so i do not have any DMZ setup at home so how can i create a DMZ setup at home and what all required ?
    3. As simply add the FQDN NetBIOS name and IP address of the Edge Transport server to the local hosts file on each Hub Transport server, and the FQDN NetBIOS name and IP address of any Hub Transport server to the local hosts file on the Edge Transport server in my Exchange org.
    4. Now i am not able to ping the hub transport server from edge transport and vice versa getting "Destination host unreachable" So why is it so? Do i need to enter the default gateway here if yes then what or do I need to use Internal DNS entry for my domain as mentioned above (192.168.0.1).
    5. Do I need to add one more network card on Edge transport server like 2 NICS one for internal communication with IP address 192.168.0.3 and one for external IP address 10.10.1.2? if yes then in that case how the external IP will work or communicate.

Please help. Thanks

Re: DNS name resolution between HUB transport and Edge Trasnport Server 2007

all I'm gonna answer just now is you have no routes between the 192.168.0.0 subnet and the 10.0.0.0 subnet. At least, not as far as you've told us.,

If there is a router doing this, then make that your default gateway.

you don't necessrily need anything special to setup a dmz... i suggest you do a bit more reading on it to get basic understanding before trying to go too much further
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
    X