Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real time messege viewing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Real time messege viewing

    Is ther eanyway to watch e-mail coming into an exchange servr real time? I would like to have the option to see what is coming into the Exchange server after it leaves our Spam filter. I know I do do a search but I would like to beable to open uo something like a coinsole and watch messages as they come in. Is this possible?

  • #2
    Re: Real time message viewing

    No. There is no functionality like that in Exchange.
    The closest you can get is an archiving solution, but it will not show you the message has it passes through.

    You could sniff the traffic before it hits the server, but I would ensure that you got sign off from HR on doing that before you did it, as it raises huge privacy concerns.

    Simon.
    --
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

    Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
    More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
    Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
    In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

    Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Real time message viewing

      Originally posted by Sembee View Post
      No. There is no functionality like that in Exchange.
      The closest you can get is an archiving solution, but it will not show you the message has it passes through.

      You could sniff the traffic before it hits the server, but I would ensure that you got sign off from HR on doing that before you did it, as it raises huge privacy concerns.

      Simon.
      Thanks a bunch.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Real time messege viewing

        Im not sure if this would applied to you.
        but in my environment.. I use Trend Interscan Messaging Security Suit as my mail spam filter.
        it also come with a monitor option where is display email comming in real time and how many catch in spam and how many are good and how many are virus etc..


        Thanks,
        HN

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Real time messege viewing

          Originally posted by Humannetwork View Post
          Im not sure if this would applied to you.
          but in my environment.. I use Trend Interscan Messaging Security Suit as my mail spam filter.
          it also come with a monitor option where is display email comming in real time and how many catch in spam and how many are good and how many are virus etc..


          Thanks,
          HN

          Right that's one good way to monitor email is it comes and go. I have been using GFI and it works well. I just find it funny that a Software App like Exchange does not allow a person to view mail as it comes in, it's just strange to me.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Real time messege viewing

            I think the closest one that Exchange can do is to watch the mail Queue. but I might be wrong.

            Thanks,
            HN

            Originally posted by hlobell View Post
            Right that's one good way to monitor email is it comes and go. I have been using GFI and it works well. I just find it funny that a Software App like Exchange does not allow a person to view mail as it comes in, it's just strange to me.

            Comment

            Working...
            X