Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Clients Unable to connect to Exchange 2010

Hi Everyone,
    I have an issue with outllok clients unable to connect to my exchange 2010 and hope one of you will be able to point me in the right direction.
    I have two CAS servers configured with WNLB with array name set to "mail.local.com"
    I have two HUB servers setup for redundancy and four (4) mailbox servers all coexisting with Exchange 2003 servers which I am trying to upgrade.
    The CAS/HUB servers are 2008 R2/Exchange 2010 SP1 Std with rollup updates one and two installed.
    The mailbox servers are the same but have Exchange 2010 SP1/Ent with rollup update one and two installed as well.
    I have created four mailbox accounts on the Exchange 2010 servers and migrated two accouts from the Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2010.
    The problem is, I can connect perfectly to all six (6) accounts currently on the Exchange 2010 server through OWA with no problem BUT CANNOT connect to them using either OUTLOOK 2003, 2007 or 2010.
    I have tried on XP, Vista, Windows 7. Recreated the outlook profiles several times but all to no avail.
    These are a few of the errors that I am getting:
    Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened.

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.

The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened. - The most common of all the errors

Outlook could not log on. Check to make sure you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.
    Most of the answers I found seems to be pointing to outlook encryption issue but with Exchange 2010 SP1, the encryption is set to false by default so I have turned off encryption on the outlook clients as well but still cant get outllook to work.
    I followed all the technet recommendations in setting up my client access array and windows nlb.
    I have ran test for the autdiscover and was successful but still thinks its got to be something with my cassarray setup.
    Any help or input at this stage will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

CAD

Re: Outlook Clients Unable to connect to Exchange 2010

Are your CAS forming the CAS array physical boxes or some form of virtualizied machine? Which mode are you using for the WNLB and how much network adapters are in that CAS?

Does the connection work if you are not using the CAS array?

Comment

Thanks guys, this has been resolved and the mystery unravelled.

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2006508

Try this link similar problem may be you can fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Caddo65590 View Post
          Thanks guys, this has been resolved and the mystery unravelled.
          What was the problem / solution?
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X