Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No free/busy information could be retreived, Exchange 2007 (Second Site)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No free/busy information could be retreived, Exchange 2007 (Second Site)

Hi,

Currently have two Exchange 2007 SP1 servers across two sites, one server at each site connected via dedicated link. All client PC's are now using Outlook 2007 (Online Mode)

Site 1 is the main site and it receives external inbound email and also sends internal outbound email and mail is routed to and from the second site accrodingly (There is no issues of general email being sent between sites). This site has a Public Folder database. Users mailboxes on this server can see the free/busy information of other users mailboxes at site 1 and site 2.

Site 2 does not have a Public Folder database. Users mailboxes on this server can see free/busy information of other user mailboxes at site 2, but cannot see it for site 1 user mailboxes. The error they receive from the sceduling assitant is "No free/busy information could be retreived" and the calendar is dashed out in light grey. This is where my issue lies and i need users at site 2 to be able to see free/busy information of users at site 1

I have logged onto a users mailbox from site 2 in OWA and the same message appears.

If anyone could help me out that would be great.

Thanks Craig.

Re: No free/busy information could be retreived, Exchange 2007 (Second Site)

Since all your clients are using Outlook 2007 the problem should be related to the CAS role at site 2. It probably isn't able to read the information of mailboxes in site 1 using web service.

Have you checked your application log on the Exchange server in site 2, normally there should be a error logged when this happens.

Comment

Hi FischFra,

Thanks for the reply.

On site 2 Exchange server I am getting the following msgs in the application event log

msg 1

Source: MSExchangeTransport
      EventID: 12014

Microsoft Exchange couldn't find a certificate that contains the domain name Domain_Name in the personal store on the local computer. Therefore, it is unable to support the STARTTLS SMTP verb for the connector Default Server with a FQDN parameter of FQDN. If the connector's FQDN is not specified, the computer's FQDN is used. Verify the connector configuration and the installed certificates to make sure that there is a certificate with a domain name for that FQDN. If this certificate exists, run Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Services SMTP to make sure that the Microsoft Exchange Transport service has access to the certificate key.

I should hopefully be able to fix the above error with cmd

"Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint "valid/relavent thumbprint" -Services "SMTP"

msg 2

Source: MSExchangeAvailability
      EventID: 4002

Process 4192[w3wp.exe:/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/owa-1-129412098969016175]: Proxy request CrossSite from Requester:S-1-5-21-1801674531-343818398-682003330-5509 to
      https://site1_servername/EWS/Exchange.asmx failed. Caller SIDs: S-1-5-21-1801674531-343818398-682003330-5509. The exception returned is Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability. ProxyWebRequestProcessingException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability. ProxyRequestNotAllowedException: Authenticated user does not have sufficient privileges to issue this request. ---> Authenticated user does not have sufficient privileges to issue this request.
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
      at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability. Proxy.Service.EndGetUserAvailability(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
      at Microsoft.Exchange.InfoWorker.Common.Availability. ProxyWebRequest.CompleteRequest(). The request information is ProxyWebRequest type = CrossSite, url = https://site1_servername/EWS/Exchange.asmx
      Mailbox list = <John Smith>
      SMTP:[email protected], Parameters: windowStart = 30/01/2011 12:00:00 AM, windowEnd = 13/03/2011 12:00:00 AM, MergedFBInterval = 30, RequestedView = MergedOnly
      .. Make sure that Active Directory site/forest containing the user mailbox has at least one local Exchange 2007 server running Exchange Availability service. Turn up logging for MSExchange Availability service and test basic network connectivity.

So they are the only unusual msgs for site 2.

On site 1 Exchange Server I am getting the following msgs several times a day

Source: MSExchangeAvailability
      EventID: 4010

Process 4160[w3wp.exe:/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/EWS-1-129406510897697135]: Request from S-1-5-21-1801674531-343818398-682003330-14113 failed security checks.

So basically I think you are right and it looks like web service availability issues. I have looked up the error codes and checked to make sure the cas/mailbox servers do not belong in the following security groups
      Exchange Organization Administrators, Schema Admins, Domain Admins, Enterprise Admins as this can cause the MSExchange Availability errors as mentioned on some forums.

At this point I am still stuck.

Thanks Craig

Comment

Did you increase the logging level of the availabiilty service in site 2?

I would also test, if I would be able to reach the URL https://site1_servername/EWS/Exchange.asmx using a normal browser.

Also run ExPBA on both sites to make sure no common config error is present.

Comment

Well I have an update and it is very weird.

As soon as I enabled MSExchange Availability logging as per instructions below, I tried to test from site 2 user looking at site 1 mailbox free/busy info and it was working. So I have turned logging off and it still seems to be working so I will wait and see if it is still working in a couple of days. Thanks for all your help FischFra.

Increase the diagnostic logging level of the MSExchange Availability service. To do this, follow the steps shown here:
          Caution Incorrectly editing the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Problems resulting from editing the registry incorrectly may not be able to be resolved. Before editing the registry, back up any valuable data.
          1. Start Registry Editor (regedit).
          2. Locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSEx change Availability\Diagnostics
          3. In the results pane, change the Value data of all keys (except Default) to 5.
          4. Exit Registry Editor.
          Review other related Warning events and Error events in the Application and System log. These related events may help you find the root cause of this event.

Comment

Sometimes miracle worker are active in Exchange environments.

Glad I could provide some help and your issue got solved.

Comment

We had this error but our Environemnt is

abc = Empty Root domain
              def = child domain
              ghi = child domain

Exchange 2007 is in both Child domains nothing in the root. Free/busy was in error if you came from ghi and tried to view it in def.

If you tried to view Free/Busy from DEF to GHI no problems the fix was (from MS PM)

Get-ClientAccessServer | Add-AdPermission -AccessRights ExtendedRight
              -ExtendedRights "ms-exch-epi-token-serialization" -User "domain.com\machinename"

Run on both machines like this
              -ExtendedRights "ms-exch-epi-token-serialization" -User "def.net\def-exchange$"
              -ExtendedRights "ms-exch-epi-token-serialization" -User "ghi.com\ghi-exchange$"

Run this on BOTH Exchange servers...

Problem solved

Comment

Working...
              X