No announcement yet.

Exchange resource auditing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange resource auditing

I'm looking for a way to audit mailbox and distribution group usage for my Exchange 2007 server(s):

1. I need a script to audit the number of emails received by a mailbox between two dates.
    2. I need a script to audit the number of emails received by a (dynamic) distribution group between two dates.

If anyone can help then I would appreciate this. Thanks.

I have the following scripts which I have collected/modified:

Distribution Groups:

Get-MessageTrackingLog -ResultSize Unlimited -EventID Expand | Group RelatedRecipientAddress | ft count,name

-> This script seems to count the number of incoming emails to distribution groups over the logging period. However it seems this does not work with dynamic distribution groups.

Get-MailboxStatistics | Sort-Object TotalItemSize -Descending | ft DisplayName,@{label="TotalItemSize(KB)";expression =
    {$_.TotalItemSize.Value.ToKB()}},ItemCount,LastLog onTime,LastLoggedOnUserAccount,ObjectClass,ServerN ame

This lists the last time a user logged onto a mailbox but I would prefer to have the last time an email was received by the mailbox. I would also like to see the number of emails received per mailbox in the logging period.
    +-- JDMils
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades