Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving multiple mailbox

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to move-mailbox from the Exchange Management Console rather than select one and then wait until the scheduled task start ?

Re: moving multiple mailbox

You can move mailboxes both from the Console and the Shell, either immediately or delayed

WHich version of Exchange are you using?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      You can move mailboxes both from the Console and the Shell, either immediately or delayed

WHich version of Exchange are you using?
      I'm using 2007 SP1, i just need to move between SG only.

Comment

Can you explain what you are trying to do -- is it a deferred move or an immediate one?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Can you explain what you are trying to do -- is it a deferred move or an immediate one?
          it is deferred/scheduled multiple mailboxes, the reason is that I must investigate the culprit of rapid declining in log file transaction disk space.

Comment

hm.. i just realized that i need to spread out the transaction heavy mailboxes to different storage group.

so it is like

Mb1 into DB9
            Mb2 into DB8
            Mb9 into DB1

all scheduled is that possible ?

Comment

Working...
            X