Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the root cause of Exchange Server transaction log grows large in one day ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the root cause of Exchange Server transaction log grows large in one day ?

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if there is any way to identify what could be the root cause of this problem and how to rectify this to prevent the disk getting full ?

I'm having problem in one of the partition of the Exchange Server 2007 SP 2 transaction log, it is installed on my Windows Server 2008 with the configuration as CCR.

in one of the storage group, the transaction log partition goes drastically low (from 30 GB into 0 KB in just over the weekend period) when the backup missed just one day thus rendering the whole mailbox on that Storage group inaccessible.

Any kind of help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: What is the root cause of Exchange Server transaction log grows large in one day

Hi ,

steps:

1.Check your server hard disk performance.

2.If you gracefully Shutdown and restart the Exchange Server then it should detach the old one create a new Transaction log on startup.

3. Are you moving database/mailbox across domain/forest????

Comment

Re: What is the root cause of Exchange Server transaction log grows large in one day

Exchange transaction logs are only cleared after a successful exchange-aware backup

Total size is determined by the volume and size of emails
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

Actually no I'm not moving any mailbox to different domain.

yes, one of them being the backup failed to proceed that's why the log keeps growing, but the culprit still unknown ?

Comment

Working...
        X