Mail path query exch2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail path query exch2007

Hi all, with our exchange 2007 server, mail for the local domain DOMAIN1 is sent internal works fine, we also have a trust with another domain DOMAINX,
    the exchange server is in our local domain DOMAIN1
    In exchange we have linked all the mailboxes from the trusted domain to our exchange server in DOMAIN1
    When a user in DOMAINX ties to send an e-mail to himself, the mail seems to go external, then comes back and gets blocked by our spam filters for spoofing mails
    Any ideas why the mail for DOMAINX would be going external then back internal?
    ty for advance for the advice.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: Mail path query exch2007

Which Clients are the users from DOMAINX are using, I guess not Outlook with Exchange server profile?

Comment

DOMAINX is the trusted domain with all users using outlook 2007/2010
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

And this Outlook Clients are configured to use Exchange server profile or POP3/IMAP 4/SMTP?

If they are using Exchange server profile are there other server profiles like another Pop/SMTP present?

Comment

thanks for your reply.
          They are all using mapi clients, with local exchange server profiles.

internal e-mails are taking a very long time also, some 3 days or some 12 hours, I suspect this is due to the domain name, maybe it sends external then they have to come back, then get sent to the user.

I think our spam filters are having issues with them cos suspected been spoofed,

Is there a way to configure exchange so that the e-mail goes directly to the user in the linked/trusted domain,
          so the e-mail server knows its internal and sends it directly to the recepient with out adding extra steps.
          any ideas, thanks.
          Last edited by uk_network; 3rd February 2011, 11:16.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Depending on the settings for Accepted domains your Exchange server should not send internal mails outside.

All your internal domains which are handled internal only should be set to Authoritative.

Check the Internet header of some mails to get a idea about the hopes taken, alternativly you can check with message tracking.

Comment

Working...
            X