Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create POP3 connector in Exchange 2010

Hi,

I have installed Exchange 2010 in existing exchange 2003 environment. My plan is to migrate all roles and mail boxes to exchange 2010 and finally want to uninstall Exchange 2003 server.
    But Exchange server 2003 have POP3 connector and I don't know how to configure this POP3 connector in Exchange 2010 Server.
    Really appreciate for any idea.

Thanks in Advance
    Thu Ya

Re: how to create POP3 connector in Exchange 2010

Is this a POP3 receive connector (need 3rd party solution) or is it used by clients to pick up their emails (replace with OWA and OA)?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Exchange 2003 doesn't have a POP3 connector unless it is part of SBS 2003, at least not for pulling email in from an ISP. If you require this functionality and aren't using SBS you will need a 3rd party program such as Popcon.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Hi,
        this is 2003 SBS and using built in pop3 connector.
        is there any way to migrate this connector to exchange 2010 or another way to point the receiving mail from SBS2003 to 2010?

Thanks in Advanced
        Thu Ya

Comment

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../gg563805.aspx

Note that this only applies to SBS 2011. If you have migrated to full product (I.e. Exchange 2010 running on Server 2008, rather than SBS) then the POP3 Connector is not included and you need to buy a 3rd party product or switch to SMTP Mail Delivery, the latter of which is recommended.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thanks Man,

I have a plan to remove POP3 connector later. (may be two weeks later)
            good news is they can send and receive email now.
            I just created one new routing group connector in SBS2003 for connection between two servers and put the new server as a remote bridge head server. All mail boxes are now in exchange 2010. All working fine now eventhough I'm not sure how it works. Anyway thanks for your advices.

Thanks
            Thu Ya

Comment

I have the same issue, but my vendor requires the ability to pick up the mail through an app that connects to the server via port 110. please help, everytime i telnet to the IPaddress of the pop3 connector i created, it responds:

220 pop3.domain.loc Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:01
              :19 -0400

thank you in advance!

Comment

Working...
              X