Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying quotas to mailboxes less than 2GB

Hey Guys

is there an easy way to deploy quotas to all mailboxes whos size is less than or equal to 2GB?

i know by default all new mailboxes have this quota, but we removed this quota when deploying

does it have to be done via shell?

thanks guys

Re: applying quotas to mailboxes less than 2GB

so you want to only deploy quotas on all mailboxes less than 2GB in size?

or you want to deploy quotas to all new mailboxes?
    Or you want to deploy quotas to some existing mailboxes?
    or you want to deploy quotas to all mailboxes, including future created ones?

either way, pretty much all of this should be acheiveable via the EMC.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

hey camel

i would like to only deploy quotas to mailboxes to all existing mailboxes

i know that any newly created mailboxes use the "mailbox database defaults", which i think is 2 GB... im not sure where abouts to check the these "mailbox database defaults"

thanks for your help

Comment

you can put the quota back in the same way you removed it.
        it's based on a mailbox storage level.

if you're not sure, then the first google response retrieved for "exchange 2007 how to configure mailbox limits" will give you the answer
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          you can put the quota back in the same way you removed it.
          it's based on a mailbox storage level.

if you're not sure, then the first google response retrieved for "exchange 2007 how to configure mailbox limits" will give you the answer

hey camel,

the limit is already set per mailbox, but alot of accounts have been manually removed via recipient configuration -> mailbox ->"username"-> mailbox tab ->storage quotas -> untick use mailbox database defaults

how would you turn all those accounts that have manually been done this way to go back to the storage defaults?

thanks again

Comment

hey guys just wondering if anyone knows if there is a cmdlet to turn on the quota for users who have a mailbox under 2GB

thanks

Comment

Set-Mailbox -Identity [email protected] -IssueWarningQuota 209715200 -ProhibitSendQuota 262144000 -ProhibitSendReceiveQuota 293601280 -UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults $false

If you want to specifically find all users with amailbox size lower than 2GB, then pipe that command to it, wouldn't bee too hard.

just
              Get-Mailbox where size=<209715200 | Set-mailbox -issuewarningquota asabove

obviously you'd need a slightly better powershell command that that BS i just typed, but that's basically how it'd work

Comment

Working...
              X