No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodiscovery

Hi all,

Sorry if this issue has been before but I could not find answers via search button and to tell you the truth I am hammered after two days trying to solve this thing!
    I have a fresh install of SBS 2008 with Exchange 2007. The problem is with Out of Office Assistant which comes down to Autodiscovery not working. I think I have tried everything but maybe Im missing something simple here. I would really appreciate your help!

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>Get-ClientAccessServer | fl Name,AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri

Name : server
    AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri : h x x p s : // server. domain .local / autodiscover / autodiscover.xml

Name : server
    OutlookAnywhereEnabled : True
    AutoDiscoverServiceCN : server
    AutoDiscoverServiceClassName : ms-Exchange-AutoDiscover-Service
    AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri : h x x p s : // server. domain .local / autodiscover / autodiscover.xml

AutoDiscoverServiceGuid : 77378f46-2c66-4aa9-a6a6-3e7a48b19596
    AutoDiscoverSiteScope : {Default-First-Site-Name}
    IsValid : True
    OriginatingServer : server. domain. local
    ExchangeVersion : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)
    DistinguishedName : CN=SV-DC01,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=
    Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Service
    Identity : server
    Guid : 0ff7f680-74b5-4dd8-ab94-1c710ce34feb
    ObjectCategory : domain.local/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Exchange-Server
    ObjectClass : {top, server, msExchExchangeServer}
    WhenChanged : 15/10/2010 14:22:31
    WhenCreated : 24/09/2010 11:36:34
    [PS] C:\Windows\System32>Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory
    Name Server InternalUrl
    ---- ------ -----------
    Autodiscover (SBS Web Applications) server h x x p s : // server. domain .local / autodiscover / autodiscover.xml
    [PS] C:\Windows\System32>Test-OutlookWebServices | Format-List

Id : 1003
    Type : Information
    Message : About to test AutoDiscover with the e-mail address administrator @ server . domain. local
    Id : 1007
    Message : Testing server SV-DC01.glpc.local with the published name h x x p s :// server. domain. local/ EWS / Exchange. asmx & h t t p s:// mail. externaldomain. local /EWS / Exchange .asmx

Id : 1019
    Message : Found a valid AutoDiscover service connection point. The AutoDiscover URL on this object is hxxps:/
    Id : 1013
    Type : Error
    Message : When contacting h x x p s : / / server. domain. local / autodiscover / autodiscover .xml received the error The rem
    ote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    Id : 1006
    Type : Error
    if I type h x x p s : / / server. domain. local / autodiscover / autodiscover .xml in a webrowser it give me an error message:
    Server Error in '/Autodiscover' Application.
    The handle is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070006 (E_HANDLE))
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The handle is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070006 (E_HANDLE))

Re: Autodiscovery

Standard question for SBS - was it configured using the wizards?
    If not, then that will be a cause of the problems.
    If it was, did they complete correctly?
    Have you run the fix my network wizard from within the SBS management console?

Have you applied any service packs to Exchange 2007? If so, and it was SP2, was it deployed using the SBS tool?

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.