another export mailbox to PST file question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another export mailbox to PST file question

I am having trouble exporting individual mailboxes to PST files from the Exchange Server itself using the EMS. Exchange 2007 Enterprise SP1. Version 8.1 (Build 240.6) on Server 2003 SP2. I am a logged on to the server and I am a member of the ExchAdmins and domain admins groups. I gave myself full access permission on the mailbox. Just for good measure, I made myself a local administrator on the Exchange box but not on the target server, it is a DC. The mailbox is tiny, about 135MB. I tried it putting the target folder on the Exchange server. I tried it putting the target folder on an XP machine. I have tried it using the alias, the SMTP address and the display name. I tried putting the yet to be made PST file name at the end of the path. The error is the same anyway I do it.

I am using this command:
    Export-Mailbox Identity userjoe -PSTFolderPath \\server\folder\folder\share

The error I get is:
    Export-Mailbox : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'userjoe'. At line:1 char:15
    + Export-Mailbox <<<< Identity userjoe -PSTFolderPath \\server\folder\folder\share

What am I missing?

Re: another export mailbox to PST file question

Should be -identity, shouldn't it?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You are correctomundo. But that just gets me this:

You are running on a 64-bit computer. To export to or import from a .pst file,
      you must be running a 32-bit computer that has Outlook 2003 SP2 or later installed.

Thats sounds like you cant do this from the Exchange server.

Comment

I was trying to sort this with a colleague the other day.
        We hit so many obstacles it wasn't funny, including the one you've described.

jump on to another computer that has outlook 2003+ installed, and the Exchange management tools, then try that and see if it works

otherwise, since you've already given yourself full mbx permissions, just add it to your own outlook account and export that way (this is what we ended up doin)
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I guess mailboxes just cant be be exported to PST files from a central location like...um...the...ah... Exchange Server! Having to go to some other computer and install the Exchange management tools or adding it to my own outlook account is like rubbing to sticks together. I might as well just login to the user's Outlook and export it from there. For every mailbox that needs to be exported.

Thats p*ss poor even for M$

Comment

Looks as if its a well known issue:
            http://www.msexchange.org/articles_t...ent-part1.html

Concur re the last sentence!
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X