No announcement yet.

Move mailbox to exch 2010 breaks OWA

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move mailbox to exch 2010 breaks OWA

All my users are on exch 2003. I build a 2010 CAS server, re-directed my name space to the new 2010 CAS server. That works fine. The 2010 CAS re-directs exch 2003 OWA to – works great. (EX 2010 windows 2008 R2 and the exchange 2003 is on windows server 2003) CAS server running CAS and HT, separate win 2008 R2 server is mailbox server. My users are using the exch 2010 URL..
    But as soon as I MOVE a user’s mailbox from Exch2003 to 2010, the users cannot open. OWA logon just hangs while trying to login. users are able to login to their mapi sessions just fine.
    This is happening to all users, regardless of the domain they’re in.
    So far I’ve confirmed that permissions on the users accounts are set to inherit.
    I’ve added domain users group (domain\domain users) to the local users group – Did not resolve the issue
    I’ve confirmed that domain users (in both Domains) have ntfs permissions to the OWA Virtual directory – Still having issues…
    What can we try next?
    Your help is appreciated!

Re: Move mailbox to exch 2010 breaks OWA

If you create a new account, on Exchange 2010, does that work? Have you actually verified that OWA is working correctly?
    Does the URL change after login?

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.