No announcement yet.

MAC email and Exchange

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC email and Exchange

I am trying to get thunderbird or Entourage to work with my Exchange server. Neither work. I can get tehm to send using the SMTP but they will not recieve. What needs to be configured in order for this to work? It uses MAPI or POP3? I have them both setup on the server. The only way I can get them to work on recieveing was to add a recieve connector on exchange server. I have tried all sorts of ports with different types of authentication and no dice. I am using exchange 2007. Any help is appreciated.

Re: MAC email and Exchange

my understanding (limitd) is that entourage should use MAPI to connect.

i also have a vague recollection of the fact that you may need public folders, which some exchange organisations will not have by default

try that

and this one:
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: MAC email and Exchange

My knowledge of Entourage is also very limited. It doesn't use MAPI though, it uses WebDAV to connect to Exchange or it can use POP/IMAP (NOT Recommended). Entourage is also due to be deprecated and replaced by Outlook in Office for Mac 2011. The link tehcamel provided should help though.

Thunderbird is a POP3/IMAP only client AFAIK, so I wouldn't recommend it, as they are legacy protocols that should only be used as a last resort with Exchange. Entourage over WebDAV will give the best experience unless you upgrade to Office for Mac 2011.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      Cruachan's Blog