User Name and Password when you reboot exchange 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Name and Password when you reboot exchange 2010

I have an issue, where when i re-boot exchange and restarts it comes up with a user name and password on each outlook client. You enter the user name and password but it rejects it, even if its correct. I have to get the clients to come out of outlook and go back in before they can connect to exchange again.

From past experience, when i have re-booted exchange users get a message that connection to exchange has been lost and will be restored when possible and then re-connects when exchange is back up. But i dont seem to get this, is there anyway to fix this so connection is automatically restored?.

Thanks

Re: User Name and Password when you reboot exchange 2010

What Exchange and Outlook version are you using? A bit more of information about the configuration would be also good to know if you realy want us to help you.

Comment

We are using Exchange 2010 SP1, we have a mixture of Outlook 2007 and a few Outlook 2010 clients.

We have Outlook Anywhere enabled recently and set up for a few client. But we had this issue before that.

Outlook clients use Negotiate Authentication to connect to exchange under logon security.

Anything else you need to know, please say.

Comment

Are your users able to access their mailbox even while the logon popup is there?

Comment

No everytime they try to connect to the mailbox, it prompts for a user name and password. I have tried typing this in multiple times. But it rejects the login details and goes to offline. I have to physically get the users to restart outlook for a new connection.

I have checked the client settings and they are not set to use outlook anywhere in the outlook settings.

Just seems strange its doing this. I never has this issue with previous versions of exchange. When i re-booted 2000,2003 they automatically reconnected the users when exchange was back up.

Any ideas, as its frustrating users always asking what to do!!!.

Thanks

Comment

Since you are using E2010 it might be something related to the CAS server, but as always without knowing your topology nor your configuration it's quite difficult.

From the first sound I would have said somehting is wrong with the webservices, but since your users can't access their mailboxes at all, it looks like to be related to the CAS server. Do you have a HA environment?

Comment

When you say HA environment, presume you mean high availability?. In that case no. Its all located on one server.

Users can access the mailboxes fine, its when you restart the server. Each client has a pop up asking for user name and password. They try entering the credentials which are rejected. If they come out from outlook and go back in it works fine. I assume it should just automatically restore the connection when the server is backup.

But a basic breakdown of the topology

2x Windows 2003 R2 Standard servers. Both act as Active directory servers.
              1X AD server acts as the global catalogue server which is used by Exchange.
              1x Exchange 2010 SP1
              Approx 50 Clients running Outlook 2007 sp1

Additionally on the exchange server, we have Outlook Anywhere enabled. We have an ssl issued for the Outlook Wep App. I have tried disabling Outlook anywhere but still have the same issue.

Hope this helps?.

Comment

i had the same problem..

found out that it was a SSL problem in IIS.

subfolder RPC is getting SSL required turned on.
                if you disable that and restart with iisreset force then it should work again without you prompting for user/password.

Comment

Working...
                X