Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.0.0 smtp; 554 "Refused. You have no reverse DNS entry.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0.0 smtp; 554 "Refused. You have no reverse DNS entry.

Hi Everyone,

I have the problem like the following when I tried to send to [email protected]:

Code:
    Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: mail.domain.com

[email protected]
    mail.abacusevents.com #<mail.abacusevents.com #5.0.0 smtp; 554 "Refused. You have no reverse DNS entry. Contact [email protected] for details."> #SMTP#
    which records should I add into my internal DNS or my ISP DNS server ? MX or PTR for this problem ?

and suppose i already got one service that is running on my one public static IP address:

eg: 25 SMTP and 80 normal website and 443 (OWA, HTTPS, etc...)

do i still need to add the reverse DNS for this server in the public facing DNS ?

Thanks.

Re: 5.0.0 smtp; 554 &quot;Refused. You have no reverse DNS entry.

it means your smtp server name wasn't resolvable on the WWW. this is usually because your SMTP server is incorrectly configured with its name as the SMTP alias ie server1.domain.com instead of mail.domain.com.
    What SMTP server software are you using ?
    Last edited by hazey; 22nd November 2010, 04:07.

Comment

you need to have a reverse lookup configured for your static ip address.
      you need to speak to your ISP for this.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by hazey View Post
        it means your smtp server name wasn't resolvable on the WWW. this is usually because your SMTP server is incorrectly configured with its name as the SMTP alias ie server1.domain.com instead of mail.domain.com.
        What SMTP server software are you using ?
        the mail server is of course using Exchange Server 2007 while the smarthost is using Postfix to filter spam.

so the PTR records should be the mail.domain.com not just the domain.com right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Albertwt View Post
          the mail server is of course using Exchange Server 2007 while the smarthost is using Postfix to filter spam.

so the PTR records should be the mail.domain.com not just the domain.com right ?
          yes that is correct, you can do an online check at http://www.mxtoolbox.com to confirm. Also check the www send connector on your HUB/Edge server and make sure that the FQDN used is mail.domain.com , we had a similar issue a few years ago and the problem was that the server still had the default details in the FQDN which was the servers FQDN which of course wasnt resolvable on the WWW

Comment

Working...
          X