Change someone's mailbox as Admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change someone's mailbox as Admin

This is puzzling ... This particular server is a one-server setup (no edge server) which is also a domain controller. I know it is not ideal but this is just for testing purposes.

Anyway, using the shell I am able to create additional folder and create inbox rules using
    Code:
    new-MailboxFolder
    and
    Code:
    new-InboxRule
    The problem I have is that I am only able to use those commands when I login as the user whos mailbox that is .. So I have to "run-as" the shell and the server being a controller means I have to allow each server to logon locally.

Not an issue if its a test environment but I basically in the process of writing a script to automate certain folder / rule creations ...

Does anyone know how I can run the shell as admin but create folder/rules for other user ?

Re: Change someone's mailbox as Admin

the admin user may not have permissions to the mailbox ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Change someone's mailbox as Admin

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      the admin user may not have permissions to the mailbox ?
      He does, but makes me wonder if this is related

If your logon account is the Administrator account, a member of the root Domain Administrators, a member of the Enterprise Administrators groups, or a member of the Exchange Organization Administrators role, you are explicitly denied access to all mailboxes that are not your mailbox, even if you have full administrative rights over the Exchange system. All Exchange 2007 administrative tasks can be performed without having to grant an administrator sufficient rights to read other people's mail.
      http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.80).aspx

Comment

Working...
      X