Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange ActiveSync Autodiscover error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exchange ActiveSync Autodiscover error

    Hi there,

    I have set up a new exchange 2010 server (SP1) in an existing 2003 domain, i have moved a mailbox to the new exchange server to test and also changed ports on the firewall.

    When using the connectivity tester i get a autodiscover.xml fail.

    if i set up a new user and run the test it passes fine.

    I have tried accessing the correct autodiscover url from the internet and using the credentials to access from the user that doesn't work and i can read the xml fine. not sure whats going on. could someone shed any light on this?

    Thanks

    Alex

  • #2
    Re: Exchange ActiveSync Autodiscover error

    Hi,

    Can you access owa for the moved user?
    because there is one attribute which in some cases doesn't get updated and that may cause your active sync or owa to fail.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

    MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

    Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Exchange ActiveSync Autodiscover error

      i can access owa for new users and the majority of moved users.

      i have 2 users that refuse to work. the only difference between these accounts are that they have permission to every other users mailbox.

      other than that there is no difference.

      thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Exchange ActiveSync Autodiscover error

        seems i needed to run the cmdlet on some users to update the location of there mailbox. as just moving them for whatever reason didnt change the path to the mailbox. odd that it worked for some and not others.

        Thanks for the help

        Comment

        Working...
        X