No announcement yet.

2007/SSL/ISA Server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007/SSL/ISA Server

Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to configuring an SSL for OWA whilst using an ISA Server.

My customer currently has a broken Autodiscover as they installed the SSL on the Exchange CAS which means the SSL is using Internal Outlook 2007 clients of course see the server as netbios.domain.local and flag the SSL as invalid. OWA externally works fine.

My plan was to correct this but I cannot tell if my plan will work...

Leave the SSL on ISA which is
    Remove the SSL from the Exchange CAS and replace it with the internal self signed certificate.

Would this setup work? There is documentation I found here but I still can't confirm what I am doing will fix the issue.

Thanks beforehand!
    Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Re: 2007/SSL/ISA Server

This blog should give you more info on creating a new certificate with the correct SANs. We have on ours (all in one, no seperate CAS server),,, netbios.domain.local, netbios as the Subject Alternative Names.

You don't need to worry about the ISA certificate if everything is working, unless you also want autodiscovery working externally.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    Cruachan's Blog