Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when trying to remove a Mailbox Database on Exchange Server 2010 SP3

Dear all

I have run exchange server 2010 SP3 & 2007 in same organization and i got Error when trying to remove a Mailbox Database1 on Exchange Server 2010

The full error is:

This mailbox database contains one or more mailboxes, mailbox plans, archive mailboxes, public folder mailboxes or arbitration mailboxes, Audit mailboxes. To get a list of all mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID>. To get a list of all mailbox plans in this database, run the command Get-MailboxPlan. To get a list of archive mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Archive. To get a list of all public folder mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -PublicFolder. To get a list of all arbitration mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -Arbitration. To get a list of all Audit mailboxes in this database, run the command Get-Mailbox -Database <Database ID> -AuditLog. To disable a non-arbitration mailbox so that you can delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID>. To disable an archive mailbox so you can delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Archive. To disable a public folder mailbox so that you can delete the mailbox database, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -PublicFolder. To disable a Audit mailbox so that you can delete the mailbox database, run the command Get-Mailbox -AuditLog | Disable-Mailbox. Arbitration mailboxes should be moved to another server; to do this, run the command New-MoveRequest <parameters>. If this is the last server in the organization, run the command Disable-Mailbox <Mailbox ID> -Arbitration -DisableLastArbitrationMailboxAllowed to disable the arbitration mailbox. Mailbox plans should be moved to another server; to do this, run the command Set-MailboxPlan <MailboxPlan ID> -Database <Database ID>.

What was my steps to solve this :

1- Move all Active mailboxs from MD1 to MD2
    2-Show “hidden” Arbitration mailboxes in Exchange Server 2010 with get-mailbox -Database "DB1" -Arbitration
    2- Move “hidden” Arbitration mailboxes in Exchange Server 2010 with get-mailbox -Database “Mailbox Database 1” -Arbitration | New-MoveRequest –TargetDatabase “MailboxDatabase 2”

MailboxDatabase 2” Arbitrations show as :

FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042
    SystemMailbox{1f05a927-f7a0-4bff-ba0e-7400efadb1d7}
    SystemMailbox{e0dc1c29-89c3-4034-b678-e6c29d823ed9}

3-Now trying to remove Mailbox Database1 again but show the same error !!
    4-Try to set the Mailbox Retention to 0.00:00:00
    5-And show “hidden” ObjectClass
    • I have run Get-MailboxStatistics -Database <DB> | ft DisplayName,ObjectClass

Why Get-MailboxStatistics ?
    Because it show the system mailbox + user mailbox + archive mailbox + deleted mailboxes (mark for deletion) + softly deleted mailboxes (in case of local move request)

I noticed what looks like system objects with the ObjectClass attribute being

1- Personal Archive - Discovery Search Mailbox with ObjectClass "Mailbox, UserDisabled".

2- SystemMailbox{58d9a488-e06c-46e8-bbb4-a906d5b948c7} (this mailbox's ObjectClass attribute = "Mailbox, ExOleDbSystemMailbox").

Q1>what are they ?
    Q2>Shall i force delete them by ExCmdPowrshell & directly in ADSIEdit *
    or there is away to move them to MD2 ?

* Note : Worst case you can delete the database from ADSI.

How to remove the databases via ADSIEdit:

Open ADSIEdit.
    Navigate to –> Configuration –>Services –> Microsoft Exchange –> <Organization name> –> Administrative Groups –> Exchange Administrative Groups –> Databases.
    Locate the database and delete it.

Last edited by Hani Alhabshi; 17th September 2018, 09:28. Reason: Edit Note

Hi Hani, I have enlarged the font size of the block of red text to make it easier to read. Nothing was change except the font size.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
    X