Announcement

Collapse

Please Read: Significant Update Planned, Migrating Forum Software This Month

See more
See less

EWS issues - Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWS issues - Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

Hi,

First of all, I'm total noob for Exchange services. I have deployed Exchange 2013 in my lab to test one software integration via EWS. All the time, I have "Invalid credentials (401)" error, and I could not troubleshoot in detail. So I downloaded EWSEditor to test connection to my local Exchange server. After testing Exchange services configuration, I'm getting following:

Message: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
    Exception details:
    Message: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Now, since I don't have enough skill with Exchange nor CA, what do I need to setup (regarding certificates) on client side so EWS connection would work properly?

Make sure the certificate (or the root CA in the issuing chain) is trusted by the other side. Where did you get the certificate?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I just opened EWSEditor and made Exchange service. When I specify Service URL (https://exchange.domain.name/EWS/Exchange.asmx) I receive SSL error. On Exchange Admin center, I can see certificates (Microsoft Exchange Server Auth Certificate, Microsoft Exchange, WMSVC) which are all Valid.

Do you have any suggestion what could I try to test?

Comment

Working...
      X