Exchange 2007 server cannot send to Exchange 2013 server in migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 server cannot send to Exchange 2013 server in migration

I am in the middle of migrating a client from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2013 and it's gone fine up to this point. I've created a new test mailbox on the 2013 server and it can send to the Exchange 2007 server and externally fine but it does not receive messages from the 2007 server based users.

Currently the messages are sitting in a queue on the Exchange 2007 server awaiting retry but there are no error messages on the queue. I can telnet to the 2013 server on port 25 and test messages I send directly over SMTP work fine and are delivered, it is only messages sent from the 2007 server to the 2013 server that have this issue.

Would have to say my Exchange server is limited and this is the first on premise migration I've done in ages it's all been to Office 365 via Skykick in recent years so any assistance gratefully received
    Attached Files

OK I still have the issue but I now have an error to go on the messages in the queue on the 2007 server now have the error:

451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "451 5.7.3 Cannot achieve Exchange Server Authentication." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternative hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts."

As mentioned above the 2013 server can send to the 2007 but the 2007 cannot send to the Exchange 2013. It does however accept normal SMTP messages sent through Telnet so it is something up with the connectors on the 2013 server I think but any advice gratefully received.

Comment

Resolved my own issue the address of the Exchange 2007 server was in the anonymous relay connector settings on the new Exchange 2013 server. As soon as this address was removed the e-mails started flowing absolutely fine between the servers

Comment

Well done and Thank You for posting back with your solution. It is much appreciated! Click image for larger version

Name:	2thumbs.gif
Views:	2
Size:	320 Bytes
ID:	514884
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X