Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 550 5.1.1 relay denied NDR Error ?

Hi All,

I'm having problem with my email getting rejected like the following NDR, can anyone know or help me how to prevent this blockage please ?

Code:
    Sent: Monday, 1 November 2010 3:35 PM
    To: System Administrator
    Subject: Undeliverable: Please reply to email

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]
    The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: mx2.bne.server-mail.com.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: mail.domain.com

[email protected]
    mx2.bne.server-mail.com #<mx2.bne.server-mail.com #5.1.1 smtp; 550 5.1.1 relay denied for <[email protected]>> #SMTP#

Original message headers:

Received: from Exch-01.domain.com (Exch-01.domain.com [10.2.2.4])   by
     mail.domain.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 6B8A527F      for
     <[email protected]>; Mon,  1 Nov 2010 15:34:23 +1100
     (EST)
    Received: from Exch-01.domain.com ([10.2.2.4]) by Exch-01.domain.com
     ([10.2.2.4]) with mapi; Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:34:56 +1100
    To: RECEPTION2FFLD <[email protected]>
    Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:34:54 +1100
    Subject: RE: Please reply to email
    Thread-Topic: Please reply to email
    Thread-Index: Act5e+v9lQKUx/7yTd6HPQBUxPs70AAAiJQQ
    Message-ID: <[email protected]>
    References: <[email protected]>
    In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
    Accept-Language: en-US
    Content-Language: en-US
    X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
    acceptlanguage: en-US
    Content-Type: multipart/related;
            boundary="_007_BE6DB3905E87A7448CD6EE0AC22A4D862D1AED6E80Exch-01itreec_";
            type="multipart/alternative"
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: 550 5.1.1 relay denied NDR Error ?

is Starrpartnersfairfield.com.au your domain because to me, that looks like a problem with their mail configuration

The mail is being rejected by mx2.bne.server-mail.com - either this is your Smarthost, and you've got it misconfigured somewhere (in which case you'd see this for EVERY email) or starrpartnersfairfield.com.au has mx2.bne.server-mail.com configured as their MX host, and it's not accepting that email

C:\Documents and Settings\andrew>nslookup
    Default Server: ns.domain.local
    Address: 10.44.1.4

> set q=mx
    > starrpartnersfairfield.com.au
    Server: ns.domain.local
    Address: 10.44.1.4

Non-authoritative answer:
    starrpartnersfairfield.com.au MX preference = 50, mail exchanger = mx2.bne.server-mail.com
    starrpartnersfairfield.com.au MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.starrpartnersfairfield.com.au
    >
    this tells me that mail.starrpartnersfairfield.com.au is probably offline at the moment, or not accepting email - that's why it would fail across to the MX record 50.
    Last edited by tehcamel; 2nd November 2010, 13:14.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      is Starrpartnersfairfield.com.au your domain because to me, that looks like a problem with their mail configuration

The mail is being rejected by mx2.bne.server-mail.com - either this is your Smarthost, and you've got it misconfigured somewhere (in which case you'd see this for EVERY email) or starrpartnersfairfield.com.au has mx2.bne.server-mail.com configured as their MX host, and it's not accepting that email

this tells me that mail.starrpartnersfairfield.com.au is probably offline at the moment, or not accepting email - that's why it would fail across to the MX record 50.
      That's the way it looks to me. The OP's server is not finding the primary MX record for the recipients domain so it's failing back to the secondary MX record, which is rejecting the email based on the fact that it doesn't think that it's authorative for the recipients domain and thinks that the OP is trying to relay through it to reach the recipients domain.

Comment

Originally posted by Albertwt View Post
        Hi All,

I'm having problem with my email getting rejected like the following NDR, can anyone know or help me how to prevent this blockage please ?

[CODE]From: Administrator
        Sent: Monday, 1 November 2010 3:35 PM
        To: System Administrator
        Subject: Undeliverable: Please reply to email

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]
        The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: mx2.bne.server-mail.com.

Diagnostic information for administrators:
        If it's not down then the address you e-mailed doesn't exist and their spam filter / server is firing it back to you...

Comment

ah... but then when I use GMail to send test email it was OK.

so somehow the problem could be their spam configuration is too restrictive.

thanks guys for your help and suggestion.

Comment

554 554 5.7.1 Delivery not authorized, message refused -- . (reason: BombData: '&lt;div&gt;

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post

very-very weird,

now they rejected my Google Mail test with the reason 554 554 5.7.1 Delivery not authorized, message refused -- . (reason: BombData: '<div>=A0</div> <div>=A0</div> <d') (state 18 ) .

Code:
            from	Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email protected]>
            to	[email protected]
            date	Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM
            subject	Delivery Status Notification (Failure)
            hide details 11:29 AM (2 minutes ago)
            Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
            Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 Delivery not authorized, message refused -- . (reason: BombData: '<div>=A0</div> <div>=A0</div> <d')  (state 18).

----- Original message -----

MIME-Version: 1.0
            Received: by 10.142.136.2 with SMTP id j2mr4834371wfd.103.1288744108435; Tue,
             02 Nov 2010 17:28:28 -0700 (PDT)
            Received: by 10.142.53.14 with HTTP; Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:28:28 -0700 (PDT)
            In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
            References: <[email protected]>
            Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 11:28:28 +1100
            Message-ID: <[email protected]>
            Subject: Fwd: Email server error ?
            To: [email protected]
            Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=000e0cd31376ca2a5a04941b1ee8

Comment

Working...
            X