List delegates of a resource

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List delegates of a resource

I have a meeting room which is only accessible by a select group of people. If I try to book the meeting room, I get the following email confirmation:
    Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

Meeting Room 3.3 - McMahon
    Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

_____

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: madiran.mydomain.local

[email protected]
    #550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.NotAuthorized; not authorized ##

Original message headers:
    Is there a PS command I can run to list the users who can book this resource?

How do I then add another user to this list without overwriting the existing users?

- - - - - - -

I've looked in OWA, and found the following settings:

* These users can schedule automatically if the resource is available => Everyone.
    * These users can submit a request for manual approval if the resource is available => Select Users and Groups => Textbox is blank.
    * These users can schedule automatically if the resource is available and can submit a request for manual approval if the resource is unavailable => Select Users and Groups => Textbox is blank.

I've logged onto my test workstation as the resource, opened Outlook and clicked on Tools\Options\Delegates tab and there are no entries.

I've clicked on Properties\Permissions for the mailbox, in Outlook, and both Default & Anonymous are set to permission level None.

I've given the user Full Permission thru EMC but he's complaining that he cannot access the mailbox.

So how do I give this user permission to add to the resource meeting room? Thanks.

Exchange Server 2007 no SP.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: List delegates of a resource

I am going to assmue that the users are all members of a group, if so, do you know the name of the group (and is it just a single group)?

Have a look at this link, it tells you how to get the members of a group from AD. http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/20...ng-powershell/

There is a way to query something for what have premissions to it, then query that to see what users are in that group, but I do not have that script, and I seem to be getting worse at google.

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

i've got an EMS script to find out who has delegate rights at work, i used it in a case the other day
      i'll see if i can find it
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Wofen,

I cannot find anything which will enumerate the delegates of the mailbox. Hopefully tehcamel will find his script! Thanks anyway.
        |
        +-- JDMils
        |
        |

Comment

Sry, I was meaning to get the members of a distro group
          Code:
          Get-DistributionGroup

This mght help alittle, but you do need to get 3rd party commandlets to use.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...hip--adsi.aspx

Wofen
          Good to be back....

Comment

My problem is that I do not know which users or groups are allowed to set appointments in this meeting room mailbox.

Currently, there are a number of users, in the HR department, who CAN access and set appointments in this room mailbox, however my problem is that this list of users, whether it be individual users or a group, is not defined in any locations which I have looked in.
            |
            +-- JDMils
            |
            |

Comment

I have right-clicked the Mailbox and clicked on "Change Sharing Permissions". Default and Anonymous are set to None.

I have right-clicked the Mailbox and clicked on Properties then Permissions. Default and Anonymous are set to None.

I have checked the "Manage Full Access Permissions" against the mailbox on the server and the users who CAN place appointments in this meeting room are not listed there.

I've opened the mailbox in OWA but still cannot see where the users have been defined against this mailbox.
              |
              +-- JDMils
              |
              |

Comment

I found the answer!!! This site helped me get what I needed:

http://www.send4help.net/page/2

The resolution was to grant the appropriate permissions to the user on the mailbox object in Exchange Management Console. Look up the mailbox and drill down to:

1. Recipient Configuation
                2. Mailbox
                3. Right click –> Properties
                4. Mail Flow Settings
                5. Message Delivery Restrictions
                6. Add the user receiving the NDR to the list “Only senders in the following list”
                Thanks to those who tried to help out!
                |
                +-- JDMils
                |
                |

Comment

Working...
                X