Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Exchange server migration consultant

Dear all,

i have sbs server 2008 with Exchange server 2007. I would like to migrate to 2016. My company approved for hiring a consultant for support with package Rs.50000

Kindly please let me know if anyone ready to help me.

Thanks

Moved to Exchange forum for better response

Perhaps some more details e.g. where you are - I presume India from the currency.

TBH your budget (about 600 or $750) wont get you someone for very long, so the more you can do in advance, the better.

Although there are a lot of unknowns, if I was taking on the project, I would plan for
    Analyse existing environment and identify requirements - 1 to 2 days
    Set up new servers for 2-step migration - 2 days if virtual
    Commission Exchange 2010 environment and migrate - 1-2 days depending on complexity
    Decommission Exchange 2007 - 1/2 day
    Commission Exchange 2016 and migrate - 1-2 days
    Decommission Exchange 2010 - 1/2 day
    So a total of 6-9 days work (note this is a very rough estimate)

Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sir,

Yes, my office located in Hyderabad, India. I will setup the new servers required for migration. And kindly please let me know the things what i need to do in adavance.

Please accept my proposal. Kindly Please share me your acceptance to my office mail id [MOD EDIT] for process the PO
      Last edited by Ossian; 6th August 2017, 08:19.

Comment

Originally posted by VMware View Post
        Sir,

Yes, my office located in Hyderabad, India. I will setup the new servers required for migration. And kindly please let me know the things what i need to do in adavance.

Please accept my proposal. Kindly Please share me your acceptance to my office mail id for process the PO
        WTF.... you request consultancy services, then you offer to do the job YOURSELF (as a consultant)....
        Email address deleted and if you didn't have a lot of posts, I would assume you are a spammer

Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ossain, would it be fair to say that 600 would cover about a day of your services for a job like that?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Oh... I might run to a full day (without expenses, obviously)
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              WTF.... you request consultancy services, then you offer to do the job YOURSELF (as a consultant)....
              Email address deleted and if you didn't have a lot of posts, I would assume you are a spammer
              Sir,
              what is the wrong in my post. If you see my old posts i am working on this task from the last 2 months.
              Finally i got the approval from my management for migration support with a fixed budget.

​​​​​and also you have suggested for a consultant support for this task( please refer old posts)

Thx

Comment

OK, maybe I read the above wrong, but it appeared from your post (#3) that YOU were offering your services as a consultant for a job YOU wanted doing.
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Sorry for my english. I need a consultant help for migrating my sbs server 2008 ad,exchanger server 2007 to 2016.
                  kindly please let me know if you are ready to support me i will give remote access of my server for your understanding.
                  i have small setup of exchange only 65 mailboxes.
                  Kindly please understand i have approval for Rs.50000 only for consultant salary.

Comment

OK, that has cleared things up, but I think you can understand my confusion.

Regrettably I could not consider the work within your budget - you would be looking at another zero at least, but I hope you can find someone.
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

I am not asking for complete migration should be done by you. As i told eariler new servers(VM) i will setup and if u guide any work i will do.i need your support only for migration process
                      thanks
                      Last edited by VMware; 6th August 2017, 18:31.

Comment

with a little effort/research, I believe you can do this yourself. 65 mailboxes is nothing.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn756393.aspx

Comment

Given the requirement to jump to exchange 2013 and then up to 2016 have you not considered going to O365 with Exchange online? Future proofing your setup and also reducing the admin overhead.

Comment

Working...
                          X