Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration help from windows sbs server 2008 to exchange server 2016

Dear Sir's,
    in my present organization windows sbs server 2008 is using as ad& exchange server (2007). Now planning to migrate to windows server 2016 for ad and Exchanger 2016.
    I searched in google for migration procedure.still i have few things not sure how to do.
    Could you please kindly help me on this.please share me the procedure for migration
    Thanks

You wont be able to do it directly - use 2013 as an intermediate step: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...xchg.160).aspx

Since it is SBS, you may want to consider either:
    decommissioning Exchange in the SBS domain, exporting mailboxes to PST and then into a fresh 2016 install
    or
    Blowing away the whole domain and creating a new one

For me, I would prefer the latter as you will have 10 years of accumulated crap, not to mention a 4 step upgrade and with <75 users / PCs / mailboxes the work would not be too overwhelming
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks. most of the users are using ubuntu os machines. thunderbird mail client using in ubuntu. i have given mailbox size 2gb to all users,but above the given size mailbox database are storing in exchange server 2007. recently i have migrated one of the user outlook to another machine almost 8gb mails(5 years mails) downloaded from exchange server.

what is the reason for this ? kindly please help on this

Comment

Working...
      X