Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure firewall and DNS to route send recieve emails for other domains

Hi,

I'm facing a delima on how to configure my environment to send recieve emails for other domains.

I have a server 2003 R2 and SBS 2008 ( with exchange 2007 )domain call "mydomain.local"
    I want it to send and recieve email for "otherdomain.com".
    In my public DNS i have an A record for remote.otherdomain.com with public IP and will create a MX record for @otherdomain.com to address remote.otherdomain.com
    My question is how do i need to configure my CISCO firewall and DNS to route the emails to my exchnage server.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Configure firewall and DNS to route send recieve emails for other domains

Hi,

For incoming configure cisco firewall to forward smtp traffic to hub transport on port 25
    for receiving emails for otherdomain.com create an authoritative domain in exchange server and stamp the users with otherdomain.com email address

For outgoing, make sure you dns can do name resolution of internet domains you can use nslookup to test that
    create a send connector to send email to internet, allow cisco firewall to allow outbound smtp traffic.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Thanks for the replay but, do i have to configure an internal MX record for the exchange server?

Comment

no - you won't need an internal MX record.
        You definitely need the public MX record to match your public facing gateway.

You definitely need to tell Exchange it is authoritative for the new domain - but an internal MX record won't do this
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks, will try it.

Comment

Working...
          X