Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent Emails Stuck in Queue

When I check the Queue, I see the following messages:

451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "421 4.2.1 Unable to connect." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or deliver failed to all alternate hosts.
    Sometimes when one of the users send an email outside of the organisation, the message will be in the queue for a long time.
    After a while (sometimes 1 hour, sometimes more then 1 day) the message will be sent.

Is this direct delivery to end recipients server, or is it to a smart host?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes , this is my Exchange Server 2007
      Last edited by Hani Alhabshi; 20th March 2017, 06:02.

Comment

Yes, I KNOW it is your Exchange Server 2007, but does it deliver direct or to a smart host? If you do not know the answer, please ask your network administrator to help you
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

deliver it direct

Comment

You will probably need to take it up with the recipient's email server admins then - from the message, Exchange is doing everything right, but the other end isn't responding
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

yes but when i send the email by POP3 account it's going to the recipient's .

Comment

Exchange does not deliver email to other servers by POP3, only by SMTP.

I think you need to explain what the problem is more clearly - is it delivery to other companies or to users within your organisation?
                (And please don't drip feed us words and phrases - tell us EVERYTHING that might help
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Sorry for my English ..

First of all our domain DNS from webhost4life.com & it has 2 ( A; MX) records for email routing.
                  one through webhost4life.com & the second though the local exchange server with same domain name .

all the users using the outlook with the local exchange server , but I configured the pop3 account for testing with the webhost4life.com and sending/receiving with going well & emails going to the recipient's . .

Sending from Local exchange has the issue it's take long time in the queue .
                  receiving it hasn't any problem because we use POP3 exchange Manger for receiving .

Comment

The original error is nothing whatsoever to do with receiving email, so POP3 should have nothing to do with it.
                    According to your original post, sending outside the organisation sometimes results in delays because Exchange cannot connect to the target email server.

That is not a problem you can server - nothing you do can make the target server respond if it doesn't want to - you will need to ask the other organisation what is up.
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Thank Ossian

when i send to the target by gmail , the email is deliver ..

so the problem from my side ?

Comment

Since you say the emails are delivered eventually (after a delay), the problem is unlikely to be at your end
                        Tom Jones
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

Comment

Thank you , I'll check with the Barracuda Firewall & ISP

Comment

Working...
                          X