No announcement yet.

Exchange 2010 - Calendar Questions, etc...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 - Calendar Questions, etc...

Hi all,

I have a newly installed Exchange 2010 x64 monster. I haven't administered Exchange directly since school in 2000.

But I'm into it now!

Anyway, it's all working beautifully, but I have a few questions...

1. Do "Room" mailboxes count as users against the CALs I purchased?

2. I created a shared calendar called "School Calendar". This has RO rights for all users except a select few. In other words, only the school (my employer) administrators (such as the principal) need rights to edit the calendar. Now, once I created it, I noticed that American Holidays are listed in the calendar. I want these GONE. Them being there will create confusion on when days off may be... How can I get rid of them?

3. Also regarding this School Calendar"... The timed increments are 30 minutes (3pm, 3:30pm, 4pm, etc...) Is there a way to change the time interval to 15 minutes?

I think that's it for now... THANKS in advance!

Re: Exchange 2010 - Calendar Questions, etc...

Exchange is only licenced per seat. Therefore you can have as many mailboxes as you like.
    You could have 100 mailboxes if you wanted to, if you only had 5 staff then you only need 5 cals.

However, what I have written above might be completely untrue.
    The only people who can answer licencing questions are Microsoft. You would need to ask them, get in writing and be prepared to ask three times as you will get three different answers.

With regards to calendar entries in there, I haven't seen appointments go in automatically on any of the deployments I have done, unless it was done by something in Outlook.

The time increments cannot be changed to the best of my knowledge.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Exchange 2010 - Calendar Questions, etc...

Good info, thanks Simon!