Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folder Migration - Exchange 2007 to 2013

Hi,

I am doing a Public Folder migration from 2007 to 2013. I have followed the Microsoft Technet article. The environment consists of multiple Exchange 2013 servers in a DAG and the Primary Hierarchy mailbox already exists from a previous public folder migration on a different server.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...xchg.150).aspx

I have used the scripts to generate a CSV mapping file which looks something like this

TargetMailbox,FolderPath
    "PF-Manchester01","\IPM_SUBTREE\UK Manchester"
    PF-Manchester01","\IPM_SUBTREE\UK Manchester\Helpdesk"

I'm having an issue when running the New-MigrationBatch command and I receive the following error:

The root folder must be mapped to the primary hierarchy mailbox: PFHierarchy Capture.JPG

If I change the csv mapping file to look like this example below, the migration batch starts successfully. However It copies approximately 50,000 items into the PFHierarchy mailbox and I don't know if this is correct. It also seems to correctly copy approximately 10,000 items into the PF-Manchester public folder mailbox.

TargetMailbox,FolderPath
    "PFHierarchy",""
    "PF-Manchester01","\IPM_SUBTREE\UK Manchester"
    PF-Manchester01","\IPM_SUBTREE\UK Manchester\Helpdesk"

Can someone please confirm if this is expected behaviour? and what data it is actually copying into the primary hierarchy mailbox.
    Last edited by stewartbeel; 30th January 2017, 11:04.
Working...
X