Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2016

Hello,

I have a client who is on exchange 2010 with a mail domain xyz.com. They don't want to move to O365 instead they want to setup a new exchange 2016 with a new mail domain abc.com on a brand new 2016 server. This is the steps i was thinking on doing:

Join the windows server 2016 to the domain

Install Microsoft Microsoft Unified Communications

Assign a static IP

Open up powershell:

Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-ADDS

Install-WindowsFeature AS-HTTP-Activation, Desktop-Experience, NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-Mgmt, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation

Setup.exe /PrepareSchema /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms

Setup.exe /PrepareAD /OrganizationName:"<organization name>" /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms

Setup.exe /PrepareAllDomains /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms

Install Exchange 2016:

Mailbox role

Setup send and receive connectors

License

Virtual Directories

Databases

Add the xyz to the accepted domain list

SSL certificate

Create a Primary DNZ zone for abc.com in the DNS and add CNAME of the new mail domain.

Those were the steps i was thinking. Am i missing anything in the steps?

It looks OK, but remember you can have only one Exchange Organisation per AD Forest, so there will need to be coexistence between the 2010 and 2016 environments - particularly in CAS (where do incoming requests go to) and in relaying mail between the two sides
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X