Making Outlook 2016 to work with Exchange 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Outlook 2016 to work with Exchange 2007

One of my customers has an Exchange 2007 that came in SBS 2008. This week he bought a notebook with Office H&B 2016 but I'm unable to connect to Exchange. As I saw in several pages, including the ones from Microsoft, they are incompatible due to Autodiscover feature from Outlook.
    Strangely enough, a "simple" email client like emClient is able to connect to Exchange but not Outlook which is from Microsoft itself.
    How can I make Outlook to work with Exchange 2007?
    TIA

Very simple - you can't use MAPI/Outlook Anywhere. You could (I think) use POP3 / IMAP but not recommended.

You should have "downgrade rights" to get Office 2013 (you certainly can with O365 so should with Office 2016 - check the download page at Microsoft.com) which will work with 2010 and AFAIK with 2007 - you will need an SSL cert for RPC/HTTPS if you don't have one
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The license ia a PKC, with no downgrade rights,as far as I know

Comment

Working...
      X