exchange 2010 e-mail user password expiration prompt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 2010 e-mail user password expiration prompt

In our organization, we use windows server 2008 r2 as Active directory server and for messaging we use exchange server 2010. When AD user login password expires, then it prompt for the new password to the user. But When e-mail user passowrd has been expired then it doesn't prompt user to change passowrd. Though it shows user that passowrd has been expired within.....days few days before expiration....But i want the same password prompt as AD user in exchange user.

Is there any procedure so that after excpiration of password, user have to get a password change prompt and the user can not login before changing the password???

Re: exchange 2010 e-mail user password expiration prompt

How to change the password expiry notice default period in Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008-R2
    - http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to...d-in-windows-7
    (In earlier versions of Windows, the default interval that users were notified of password expiration was 14 days before expiration. In Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the default password expiry notice occurs 5 days before the password expiration date)

How to enable Users to Change Expired Passwords in Outlook Web App (Applies to: Exchange Server 2010-SP1 / Exchange Server 2007-SP3 running on Windows Server 2008)
    - http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...06/456520.aspx

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

I assume when you speak of Email users, you refer to users who have Outlook Web Access, and are not logged onto the domain.

To my (limited) knowledge you cannot force Outlook Web Access to tell a user the password is due to expire. You could use a script that runs daily, and tells a user their password expires in 1 day.

If your users are logging on to the domain and then using Outlook full featured client, I'm entirely unclear as to why you would need this - when the user logs on to the domain, they will receive the password expiry notice. Outlook and Exchange are not meant to be used as Password management systems.

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

Password prompt for the AD users...but i want the same for exchange/e-mail users

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          I assume when you speak of Email users, you refer to users who have Outlook Web Access, and are not logged onto the domain.

To my (limited) knowledge you cannot force Outlook Web Access to tell a user the password is due to expire. You could use a script that runs daily, and tells a user their password expires in 1 day.

If your users are logging on to the domain and then using Outlook full featured client, I'm entirely unclear as to why you would need this - when the user logs on to the domain, they will receive the password expiry notice. Outlook and Exchange are not meant to be used as Password management systems.

My users are logging in domain but the domian login users and exchange users are not same. Login users are prompt to change password which i want same for the exchange users. Because after the time expires for exchange users, user can not login until i reset password from exchange severs. We have almost 1500 email users which is not possible to reset password from mail server. Thats why i want to have the same password prompt to the email users as like computer login /AD users.

Comment

For better understanding i attached here apicture that is possible in exchange 2010 sp1 or exchange 2007 sp3...i have exchange 2010...what can i do???
            Attached Files

Comment

wait - you have a domain password, and a separate exchange password?

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

Originally posted by setubond View Post
                For better understanding i attached here apicture that is possible in exchange 2010 sp1 or exchange 2007 sp3...i have exchange 2010...what can i do???
                The obvious answer would be to update to Exchange 2010 SP1. Is there any reason why you cannot? The feature has been built in to a service pack, it isn't available for the older versions.

Simon.
                --
                Simon Butler
                Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

exchange users and computer login users are different.. though both users are in the same domain....

another thing i need to know that is there any problem to update the service pack in a live system???

how can i update service pack???

Comment

Working...
                  X