Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User's mailbox not showing correct size.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User's mailbox not showing correct size.

I have a user that is shoe that their mailbox is 2.5GB on the Exchange server, however, I have archived the user's email to a PST file and set the retention to 0 days and it is still showing 2.5GB on the Exchange server, even after waiting all weekend for maintenance to happen. I have moved the user to a new database and ran database cleanup and taken the database offline and ran the defrag on it using: Eseutil /d "$envrogramfiles\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database.edb" still no luck. Is it possible to somehow to fix this issue or recreate the mailbox?

What did you do to archive the mailbox to PST?
    What version of Exchange are you running?
    Where is it showing that it's 2.5GB?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
      What did you do to archive the mailbox to PST?
      What version of Exchange are you running?
      Where is it showing that it's 2.5GB?
      Sorry, it is Exchange Server 2007 running on Windows Server 2003

To archive it, I created a PST file and moved items older that 1 month into that PST file.

When I open the Exchange Management Console -> Recipient Configuration -> Mailbox

Right click the user and choose Properties, Size (KB) shows 2539046

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this, I'm lost as to how to fix it.

Comment

You said you set the retention period to 0, but do you also have the "retain until backed up" option enabled?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          You said you set the retention period to 0, but do you also have the "retain until backed up" option enabled?
          Do not permanently delete is Unchecked. I have done the same process with all other mailboxes on my network and this is the only one that is giving me issues, I'm really lost as to why it is not working. If there is a way to recreate the mailbox that would be great, but so for I see no way to do that without deleting the AD user and that does not sound very desirable.

Comment

Working...
          X