Extract mailbox from .edb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extract mailbox from .edb?

Is there any method to help me restore a couple of boxes from a file .edb? The mailboxes were recreated on another server due to serious server issues. Also I have normal .edb file.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What version of Exchange, and is it in the same domain?
    If Exchange 2010+ and the domain is the same, you can mount as a recovery database. If 2007, I don't think you can.

I have used Ontrack PowerControls in the past and it is excellent, but very expensive.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I've used Stellar Phoenix EDB to PST Converter in the past and it works. It's much cheaper than Ontrack.

Comment

To my great misfortune is Eexchange 2007. But thanks for the advice third-party programs. Maybe they will help.

Comment

I would highly recommend using Exchange Server Recovery Toolbox for recovery Exchange Server. I just did a test trial and it is great software. Completely isolated from Exchange and you can restore to PST or back into your Exchange environment. Compatible with all versions of Exchange.
          [MOD EDIT]
          Did you see this article?
          http://www.experts-exchange.com/arti...erability.html

[MOD NOTE: We have had far too many spammers, so take a dim view of new members (in their first few posts) linking to commercial products. Normally it is an instant ban, but benefit of the doubt in this case]
          Last edited by NicholasOSheas; 29th August 2016, 21:44.

Comment

Which version of Exchange are you running , if its exchange 2010 you can mount on different server on same environment.
            It is also possible this information will be of interest to you.
            https://social.technet.microsoft.com...rgenerallegacy

Comment

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Comment

Could you possibly tell us how you solved it (to help other people)?

A bit worrying you got the issue yesterday and forgot you solved it today (actually between 1500 and 1800 today). My goldfish may have a longer memory....
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X