No announcement yet.

deny "send as" mailbox rights to domain admins

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deny "send as" mailbox rights to domain admins

HI I am Running Exchange mailbox on exchange 2007 sp3 environment ; I my environment folks that are members of domain admins group can put anyone's name in the from field and send email to anyone. I need to prevent this.
    I have checked in security tab in the advanced option it says deny send as rights for all domain admins. Highlighted the user and clicked properties and set to deny for "send as"
    Still no luck.... If anyone help pls..

Any help?

Also consider moving to a more recent (and supported) version of Exchange - in 2010 the problem is the reverse: how to over-ride the AdminSDHolder settings
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Hi Ossian ,

Same has been already tried ...but no luck after adding deny permission to domain admin.

Administrators, by the very nature of their job, have the access and the ability to do the things you're describing. If they're misusing that access and ability then you need to set the ground rules for acceptable conduct. If they won't abide by it then you need to replace them. You're trying to implement a technical solution to a people problem. Even if you could set this, they could simply undo it. They're administrators.

Hi Ossian ,

One obvious observation, Deny Permission are getting applied for normal users permanently but for Domain admin deny permission is getting applied for some hour and then same got revoke
          i.e. Domain Admin users able to send email to Domain admin users as SEND-AS but same is getting block for normal users.