Restored mailbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restored mailbox

I accidentally deleted a former employee's user account along with that persons mailbox. Realizing my mistake after I was told we still needed mail flowing through that account, I recreated the user account and mailbox and then restored a backup of the users mailbox into the new mailbox (Jeez). Everything works like a champ except when I have someone email the user. That's when we get a failure. If I email [email protected] it fails because it's looking for his "old" email address (The one I deleted). I need people, external and internal to be able to continue mailing [email protected] and not get failures.

I hope this is easy to understand and not as confusing as it looks typed out.
    I'd rather check my Facebook than face my checkbook...

Thanks,
    Todd

So, I can probably use the connect-mailbox but I'm not familiar enough with it. Going to try to do some research to see if that can fix my problem...

Thanks,
    Todd

Comment

Well crap.. I think I messed myself up when I created the new user/email address and restored teh backup into it. Now, the old mailbox doesn't show up in the connect mailbox area...

And now, if I delete the existing mailbox, it'll be the "new" mailbox that it finds, not the original.
      Last edited by todd231; 31st May 2016, 21:09.

Thanks,
      Todd

Comment

I may be in the clear... I came in to work this morning and checked his mailbox and he's got some mail flowing from external sources. I'm hoping that it's just internal sending that is failing. I'll monitor today and see.

I would imagine that by restoring his mailbox yesterday it would have fixed things rather than create a user called jschmo2 and connecting his mailbox to that.

We'll see.

I jumped the gun and hopefully taught myself a lesson in patience and hopefully learned not to panic when I catch a case of the dumb @ss.

Thanks,
        Todd

Comment

For internal email Exchange/Outlook use the LegacyExchageDN attribute, not the smtp address. You'll need to recreate the LegacyExchangeDN attribute for this user from his previous mailbox abd add it to his new mailbox as an X500 address.

http://www.georgealmeida.com/2014/01...outlook-cache/.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
            For internal email Exchange/Outlook use the LegacyExchageDN attribute, not the smtp address. You'll need to recreate the LegacyExchangeDN attribute for this user from his previous mailbox abd add it to his new mailbox as an X500 address.

http://www.georgealmeida.com/2014/01...outlook-cache/.
            I'll try this if I get any more NDR's but I think it's sorted out. I think his boss was actually more concerned with his existing mailbox rather than any incoming email.

Thanks,
            Todd

Comment

Kindly add LegacyExchageDN attribute address under user email connector which is generating NDR while sending email.

Comment

Working...
              X