Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

monitoring override - can't get it to work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitoring override - can't get it to work.

I recently added a new global monitoring override in order to trigger events when our database free space is running below 50 GB.
    my command was:

Add-GlobalMonitoringOverride -Identity MailboxSpace\StorageLogicalDriveSpaceMonitor -ItemType Monitor
    -PropertyName MonitoringThreshold -PropertyValue 50000 -Duration

1) Is this the right command? because it isn't working. my intent is only to monitor disk space of databases (each database is stored on their own disk logs are stored on separate disk). I don't wish to monitor logs free space (which I already set threshold by registry), or c: drive. I have one disk with only 44 GB free space, and I have been waiting for a couple of hours now for it to pop up on our monitor but it hasn't. how long does it take for the override to take effect? (currently by viewing the event logs, the threshold is set to 1)

2) after creating the monitoring I noticed it will expire in a year. how can I set it to not expire ever? (even after version change).

thanks in advance for the help.

Would you mind giving us a teeny-tiny clue which version (and SP) of Exchange you are using?
    (and on which OS)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

sorry for the late reply. for some reason I am not getting notification..

the exchange version is: 15.1130.7 (exchange 2013)

thanks

Comment

still need help with this please.

Comment

Working...
        X