No announcement yet.

Exchange 2013 GAL won't display user info such as business phone

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2013 GAL won't display user info such as business phone

I need to display information in the GAL from AD, such as 'business phone' and other items that have columns in the default GAL in Exchange 2013 cu12. However after I input all the information for all user accounts, the information does not update in the GAL on clients such as Outlook 2013. The information appears in AD correctly (under tabs such as 'Organization'), but for some reason, will not appear in the related columns in the GAL. The information also appears correctly in the EAC.
    I performed the following actions in an attempt to display this information:
    - Restarted the Exchange Server (running on a Server 2012 vm in Hyper-V)
    - Manually updated the GAL on the email client.

I also checked the attribute editor and found phone number entries. However I will admit, I'm unsure of exactly which attributes are needed to display this information. I even found an attribute that listed the phone number in reverse, for some reason.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few details regarding my attempts to troubleshoot this issue, as I've been at it for some time. Please bear with me as this is my first post on Petri.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!