Service packing question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service packing question

Have a question regarding SP3 for Exchange 2007.

We have 3 production servers:

MS1 - Hub and mailbox store
    MS2 - Basic auth CAS for remote devices
    MS3 - Integrated auth for local users

Now with SP3 being out we need to test it in our production environment, can I install SP3 onto MS2 and leave MS1 and MS3 on SP2 without any issues?

Thanks

Dave

Re: Service packing question

I guess MS3 is also a client access server?
    Bassically when patching Exchange with an service pack, you should start with an client access server. MS2 is a client access server. Yet inconsistanties in versioning in your exchange environment can cause issue's, so it is recommended to upgrade all servers in a limited time span.

Ussually it is not a great idea to test a service pack in a production environment. Best is to test it in a controlled environment (Lab, which repressents a copy of production).

Another point of advice, before you plan to install the Update. Make sure that your environment is healty when installing the patch. I have cleaned up severall SP installations which whent bad. These where ussually caused by problems in AD and/or DNS which where not resolved prior to installing the SP. Don't expect the SP to solve your issue's, except when the issue is documented to be resolved by installing the SP.
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Re: Service packing question

You could run the Exchange 2007 Best Practices Analyser tool as well to assess the environment as well as DCdiag etc. You can get to the analyser tool via the toolbox node of EMC.

Comment

Working...
      X