No announcement yet.

Transport Rules: send bounce to external users - bounce messages not sending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport Rules: send bounce to external users - bounce messages not sending

I have setup a transport rule to block messages from external email addresses with certain content. The messages are moved into a mailbox for review and a bounce message is supposed to be sent.... that message never gets sent. Can anyone think of a reason why?

Re: Transport Rules: send bounce to external users - bounce messages not sending

Have you reviewed the Exchange tracking logs to see if the email has been generated ad if it indicates any issues? Also, have you reviewed any AV software that scans outgoing emails?

Comment

Re: Transport Rules: send bounce to external users - bounce messages not sending

get-messagetrackinglog -MessageSubject "Undeliverable" -Start "8/27/2010 10:15:00 AM" -End "8/27/2010 1:00:00 PM"

I'm looking for this: I don't see anything there other than a few things delivered to internal people. So I guess it's not generating the mail in the first place...

Comment

Anyone have any clues?

Comment

Have you tried creating another Transport Rule to confirm if that sends emails? Maybe add more keywords to the current transport rule and test. Does the transport rule indicate when it was last used and does that relate to when the rule should have been actiivated?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
            Have you tried creating another Transport Rule to confirm if that sends emails? Maybe add more keywords to the current transport rule and test. Does the transport rule indicate when it was last used and does that relate to when the rule should have been actiivated?
            Yes, the bounceback works if it is from an internal sender, but if it is an external sender, it will not send the response.

Comment

I see. Have you reviewed the settings for the Transport rule? There may be a setting that needs tweaking.

Comment

Working...
              X