550 5.7.1 Your email messages have been blocked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 550 5.7.1 Your email messages have been blocked

I have a customer with SBS 2003 and Trend Micro Worry Free 6.0 SP2. They have a vendor in Brazil and when he tries to send an e-mail to our organization it bounces back. This is the header information in his NDR:

550 5.7.1 Your email messages have been blocked by the recipient OR by Trend Micro Email Reputation Service. Contact the recipient or his/her administrator using alternate means to resolve the issue.

I have verified that the sending SMTP server is on a couple of DNS blacklists. In Trend Micro I have whitelested the e-mail address and the IP of the offending server. We do not subscribe to the Trend Micro Email Reputation Service.

Any suggestions how to get this e-mail through? It is difficult to explain to my customer that the problem is with his vendor and it is even more difficult to explain why I can't white list this person.

Thanks
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: 550 5.7.1 Your email messages have been blocked

The issue is with the remote host. They are more than likely using Trend Micro's own block lists. If you have access to a smarthost (IE your ISP) try sending it via that instead.

Comment

Re: 550 5.7.1 Your email messages have been blocked

I do not have any problem sending anything. We are the receiving SMTP server except we never see the e-mail. I have two SMTP IP addresses located in Brazil added to our Trend Micro so now I will get the vendor to try again. Thanks for your comments.
      Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Working...
      X